The government allocates additional funding to schools in the form of a ‘Pupil Premium Grant’ (PPG) to support learning and progress for specific groups of children who may be at risk of underachieving.
These groups are:
- Children who are eligible for free school meals
- Children who have a parent serving in the armed forces
- Children who are in care or have been adopted from care
Please see below for the evaluation of outcomes for pupil premium spending for 2019 / 2020 and the plan for 2020 – 2021
Are you entitled to additional funding for your child?
If your child is eligible for free school meals, we would urge that you apply so that your child can benefit immediately. Please chat to the office staff to find out more. This funding is available if you are in receipt of any of the following support:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)